View all courses
Ruth Miskin Read, Write, Inc. Phonics – Day 1 of 2
- A comprehensive literacy programme for children between the ages of 4 and 9 learning to read. Read Write Inc. Phonics weaves word reading, comprehension, writing and spelling together seamlessly.
- Our trainers know how to get every child in your school reading. Our core purpose is to give you the skills and confidence to do this too.
Read Write Inc. Phonics works because we:
- Make learning to read focused and fun; we put as much joy into teaching the sound ‘r’ as we do into reading a story by Roald Dahl
- Use picture mnemonics to teach all children to read and write 30 sounds in two months
- Give children storybooks matched to the sounds they know so they develop accuracy, speed and confidence
- Use our unique ‘three reads’ approach to ensure that children love the story and can read it proudly with comprehension, fluency and expression at home
- Provide the tools for your children to become confident writers: by the end of Year 1 children can write at length using exciting vocabulary and good spelling
- Pick up struggling readers and writers straight away with one-to-one tutoring – an effective use of pupil premium and pupil deprivation grant funding.
Why are the two days of training important?
- We demonstrate the reading, writing and spelling process step-by-step
- We ensure that speaking and listening is at the heart of teaching
- We examine footage of real lessons
- We help you practice and prepare before you teach
- We demonstrate consistent management strategies that speed up progress and ensure participation.
Delegates must commit to attending both days of this course:
Day 1 – Monday 18 November 2019
Day 2 – Tuesday 19 November 2019
*Please note lunch will not be provided; therefore delegates are advised to bring their own. Refreshments will be provided throughout the day.*
- Venue & Travel Information
Ashlin Crutchlow (Ruth Miskin Training)
Hopwood Hall College
Free parking is available onsite - just press the buzzer at the barrier and say you're here for a REAL Trust event.
How to get here
By Road: The Rochdale campus is 2.6 miles from junction 20 off the M62. Follow the signs for Rochdale town centre
By Rail: Rochdale train station is a ten minute walk from the Rochdale Campus through the town centre. It is also a Metrolink station, Manchester’s light railway system, which links Rochdale with Oldham, Bury and Manchester City Centre.
By Bus: The Rochdale bus station is approximately 5 minutes’ walk from the Rochdale campus. There are frequent bus services throughout the borough which terminate in Rochdale.