View all courses
RQT – Leaders of Tomorrow (Institute of Leadership and Management Accredited) – Session 3 of 4
- Objectives of the course:
- To identify potential ‘Leaders of Tomorrow’ in Rochdale secondary schools early in their teaching careers and support their development into their first leadership positions.
- To provide a stream of enthusiastic new leaders to Rochdale secondary schools as part of succession planning for leadership.
Thursday 1st November 2018 (3.15 – 6.15):
Before session 1, delegates and their line manager complete the NPQML skills audit and bring to Session 1.
- The current educational landscape
- The Moral Purpose of Leadership
- Effective Leadership: Theoretical Models
- Reflections on your skills audit
- Planning for contrasting experience (at this session, delegates will be paired and will arrange a day at their partner school to explore leadership of an area of interest).
At some point, between sessions 1 and 4, delegates should visit their partner school for one day to explore leadership of an area of interest. This is to allow participants to explore this area without the pressure of their own context and therefore allow a true exploration.
Monday 12th November 2017 (3.15 – 6.15):
- Workplace Communication for Leadership (Della Bartle)
This session will develop practical skills in emotional intelligence for leadership.
Wednesday 18th March 2018 (3.15 – 6.15):
Before session 3, delegates will complete the online MTQ48 (Mental Toughness).
- Mental Toughness for Leadership (Steve Oakes)
This session will develop understanding of their resilience in the workplace.
Thursday 25th March 2018 (3.15 – 6.15):
This session will be planned according to the needs identified by the participants. Previous cohorts have requested:
- Prioritising and work/life balance
- Preparation for Leadership Interviews
- Planning for the future
- Venue & Travel Information