View all courses
Advanced Cooperative Learning Strategies
- This course is designed for all classroom practitioners, Primary and Secondary, who want to learn strategies that will engage all pupils in cooperative learning tasks, in order to ensure progress for all pupils
- Participants for this course should have attended one of the introductory courses to cooperative learning and should be joining this course with an understanding of the theory behind cooperative learning and should have trailed some of the basic structure
- To learn new strategies that will enable teachers to ensure effective participation of all pupils at all times.
- To learn techniques that will develop a teacher’s ability to plan for the progress of all learners within the class.
Overview of the Training:
This session will touch upon how to:
• Structure group work to ensure that all pupils are active;
• Set up classroom feedback that involves all of the pupils;
• Manage activities to promote whole class engagement;
• Challenge the Hogs and the Logs;
• Create a classroom that is fully inclusive;
• Create a climate for learning that pupils would describe as fun.
- Venue & Travel Information
Michelle Rathor, Great Academies Education Trust
Michelle is the Awarding Body Lead (Induction Tutor) and runs the Induction programme for all Newly Qualified Teachers. She currently works for Great Academies Education Trust in their Academy Improvement and Support Team, supporting teachers and leaders to enhance their practice and students’ progress.
Prior to this, Michelle worked for with Tameside LA as the Strategic Lead for English and the Induction Tutor for Tameside Local Authority. Before joining Tameside LA, Michelle was a Director of Teaching and Learning in a Manchester Secondary School, where she ran whole school CPD and all staff training, gaining the IIP Silver Award. She is also a qualified Advanced Skills Teacher of English and has worked for Manchester LA supporting schools in challenging circumstances. Michelle is a certified Kagan school trainer; and has been a Head of English and Media Studies. As a teacher of 15 years, she has taught English Literature, Language, Maths, Citizenship, History and Media Studies at GCSE.