View all courses
Governor Training - Ofsted Readiness for Governors: The Right Questions to Ask
- This session is for any governor, whether new to the role or highly-experienced
Holding the school, and the Headteacher, to account is one of the core functions of governance, and in any Ofsted inspection, governors will be asked about how they have done this. Asking the right questions is a key skill for governors, and the answers to those questions are crucial for your role in challenging and supporting the school.
This session will cover:
- How to look at the school’s data and outcomes and know what questions to ask
- What to ask about leadership and management, teaching and behaviour
- Implications for governors of the new Ofsted Framework
- Preparation for questions that Ofsted might ask governors
- Venue & Travel Information
David Barter, Senior Performance & Achievement Officer & Peter Owen, Performance and Achievement Officer (Rochdale Borough Council)
Hopwood Hall College
Free parking is available onsite - just press the buzzer at the barrier and say you're here for a REAL Trust event.
How to get here
By Road: The Rochdale campus is 2.6 miles from junction 20 off the M62. Follow the signs for Rochdale town centre
By Rail: Rochdale train station is a ten minute walk from the Rochdale Campus through the town centre. It is also a Metrolink station, Manchester’s light railway system, which links Rochdale with Oldham, Bury and Manchester City Centre.
By Bus: The Rochdale bus station is approximately 5 minutes’ walk from the Rochdale campus. There are frequent bus services throughout the borough which terminate in Rochdale.