View all courses
Quick Impact Strategies for KS2 SATS 2019
- Aimed at Year 6 teachers who would like to improve their SATs results.
The strategies being used are tried and tested and last year helped children to improve their scores towards achieving or surpassing the National Standard. (This was 60 out of 110 in 2016)
- Tips and hints regarding websites and resources to support any preparation for the tests, including any new documentation or guidance materials.
- Methods and strategies for children to score higher marks on the Arithmetic test – 30 minutes to complete 36 questions.
- Strategies to ensure children access the two Reasoning Papers to their true potential.
- Preparation for Geometry, Measures and Statistics.
- How to take the stress out of KS2 SATS…..for teachers as well as children!
By the end of the day, course participants will understand what they need to do to prepare their pupils for the 2018 SATs. They will have an effective plan of action for doing this and useful resources they need to successfully deliver it.
- Venue & Travel Information
Ray has over 25 years’ experience teaching in the classroom and then as a Headteacher. Ray became a Senior Maths Consultant and Assistant Primary Strategy Manager in a Yorkshire LEA where he provided teacher training and in-school consultancy. During this time Ray dedicated himself to developing courses and resources that have been instrumental in raising standards in mathematics in many schools. Ray has assisted many schools across the country, including those experiencing difficulties, to rapidly improve to achieve exceptional maths results. Ray presently works in several LAs throughout the UK and Channel Islands as well as working internationally in Hong Kong, The Middle East, Indonesia, France, Spain, and Belgium.