View all courses
TEAM TEACH Positive Handling Course - 2 Day Course
- Team Teach is an accredited comprehensive course for staff working with challenging children in any role. It is preferred by many Local Authorities as it has a big emphasis on de-escalation and reducing Physical Intervention
- The physical techniques taught are a minimal part of the course and range with consideration for age and size and only age appropriate techniques are taught.
- Day 1 – Thursday 25th April 2019
- Day 2 – Tuesday 30th April 2019
This course is subsidised by REAL Trust, therefore REAL Trust members receive this training for the reduced cost of £59 per person.
Please note all bookings must be made via Arch Alliance. To book a place please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.archalliance.co.uk
The course covers:
• Understanding why children are aggressive
• What the current Law and the Guidance says and about staff staying safe
• De-escalation techniques and personal awareness
• Physical techniques in escorts, guides and restraints.
• Recording, reporting and policies.
The aim of the course is to reduce risks and the need for physical intervention. It does this by supporting staff to be more confident and competent to manage situations better. Positive and caring relationships are the key element. Team Teach is Accredited and Nationally recognised as best practise for Education and Care settings.
The strength of the course is in discussion and challenging expectations.
- Venue & Travel Information