View all courses
HLTA 3 Day Preparation for Assessment – Day 1
- Training to become a higher level teaching assistant is a great way for TAs to increase their responsibility and improve their salary.
Information Meeting: 24th September 2019
Day 1 – 5th November 2019
Day 2 – 5th December 2019
Day 3 – 30th January 2020
Closing date for applications – 1st November 2018
The 3 Day HLTA Preparation Programme will ensure that candidates:
- understand the HLTA standards and the HLTA preparation and assessment process
- understand how to demonstrate that they meet the standards in their response forms and the evidence provided for the assessor during the school visit.
- understand how to complete the required documentation and are well prepared for the assessment visit
The programme will provide:
- Information about the assessment process
- Activities and resources that build familiarity and understanding of the standards
- Guidance on the assessment tasks, including the completion of documentation
- Feedback to candidates on their progress
- Opportunities to ask questions and to raise issues, as a group and/or individually
- 1:1 Support and advice during the sessions, by email or telephone if required.
- Support for candidates when arranging their assessment visit
3 Day Programme: £300 REAL Trust Members / £380 Non REAL Trust members
HLTA Assessment: £450
For those candidates who do not have qualification certificates at Level 2 in Maths and/or English there will be an opportunity during the 3 day programme to take the Carnegie (Leeds Beckett University) competency tests. These can then be used in application for assessment against HLTA Standard 11. Costs are £25 per test, £40 if taking both tests.
For further information please contact Polly Winn:
Email: email@example.com / Mob: 07743 845831
Please note that lunch will not be provided, therefore delegates are advised to bring their own.
- Venue & Travel Information
Concordia Training (Bernice Collier)
Hopwood Hall College
Free parking is available onsite - just press the buzzer at the barrier and say you're here for a REAL Trust event.
How to get here
By Road: The Rochdale campus is 2.6 miles from junction 20 off the M62. Follow the signs for Rochdale town centre
By Rail: Rochdale train station is a ten minute walk from the Rochdale Campus through the town centre. It is also a Metrolink station, Manchester’s light railway system, which links Rochdale with Oldham, Bury and Manchester City Centre.
By Bus: The Rochdale bus station is approximately 5 minutes’ walk from the Rochdale campus. There are frequent bus services throughout the borough which terminate in Rochdale.