View all courses
Secondary - Talk for Writing
- Talk for Writing is an engaging teaching framework, based on the principles of formative assessment and interactive learning.
- It provides a flexible process for developing understanding and expression, moving from imitation to innovation to independent application.
In English, it provides a step-by-step approach to creating confident, creative speakers, thinkers, readers and writers.
In other subjects across the curriculum, it provides a flexible framework that enables all students to develop the tune of each subject area and co-construct understanding so that they can structure their ideas and express themselves coherently.
In the session we will explore the four underpinning principals:
- Providing a model
- Facilitating oral rehearsal
- Making the learning visible
- Co-construct the learning
- Venue & Travel Information
Erica Field, EMA Teaching & Learning Adviser, Rochdale Borough Council
Hopwood Hall College
Free parking is available onsite - just press the buzzer at the barrier and say you're here for a REAL Trust event.
How to get here
By Road: The Rochdale campus is 2.6 miles from junction 20 off the M62. Follow the signs for Rochdale town centre
By Rail: Rochdale train station is a ten minute walk from the Rochdale Campus through the town centre. It is also a Metrolink station, Manchester’s light railway system, which links Rochdale with Oldham, Bury and Manchester City Centre.
By Bus: The Rochdale bus station is approximately 5 minutes’ walk from the Rochdale campus. There are frequent bus services throughout the borough which terminate in Rochdale.View on Google Maps