View all courses
AoFAQ Level 2 Emergency First Aid at Work (QCF)
- This Regulated Qualification is ideal for anyone wishing to become an emergency first aider.
- This provides learners with skills and knowledge to deal with first aid situations in low risk workplace environments for the Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations.
As this is a Regulated Qualification, an Employer who obtains training from an AoFAQ Approved Centre is not required to carry out any due diligence on the training provider in order to ensure the suitability of the training (HSE statement).
Learning Outcomes and Assessment Criteria:
1. Understand the role and responsibilities of a first aider1.1 Identify the role and responsibilities of a first aider1.2 Describe how to minimise the risk of infection to self and others1.3 Identify the need for establishing consent to provide first aid1.4 Complete an accident form1.5 Identify the first aid equipment that should be available in a workplace1.6 Describe the safe use of first aid equipment
2. Be able to assess an incident2.1 Conduct a scene survey2.2 Conduct a primary survey of a casualty2.3 Give examples of when to call for help
3. Be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is breathing normally3.1 Assess a casualty’s level of consciousness3.2 Open a casualty’s airway and check breathing3.3 Explain why it is important to place an unconscious casualty into the recovery position3.4 Place an unresponsive casualty in the recovery position3.5 Manage a casualty who is in seizure
4 Be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing normally4.1 Recognise the need to commence Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation4.2 Demonstrate Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation using a manikin
5 Be able to recognise and assist a casualty who is choking5.1 Describe how to identify a casualty with - Partially blocked airway - Completely blocked airway5.2 Administer first aid to a casualty who is choking
6 Be able to manage a casualty with external bleeding6.1 Identify the types of external bleeding6.2 Control external bleeding
7 Be able to manage a casualty who is in shock7.1 Recognise shock7.2 Administer first aid to a casualty who is in shock
8 Be able to manage a casualty with a minor injury
8.1 Administer first aid to a casualty with small cuts, grazes and bruises8.2 Administer first aid to a casualty with minor burns and scalds8.3 Administer first aid to a casualty with small splinters