View all courses
Fire Warden / Fire Marshal Training for Schools
- It will ensure that the employer is fulfilling their obligations under the Regulatory Reform Fire Safety Order for larger buildings by the empowerment of employees.
The role of the Fire Warden is normally the proactive role, keeping the zone that an individual is responsible for compliant and safe for the other occupants. The Fire Marshal sometime spelt Marshall is the reactive role. This would be during an outbreak of fire or a fire alarm. The terms have become interchangeable over time and it is personal preference what you call yourself but it is important to note there are two aspects to the role. Our Fire Marshal/Warden training covers both the proactive and reactive roles in full.
We will ensure that we tailor the training to your work environment, our Fire Warden course will generally include the following aspects:
Fire Warden Course Contents Include:
- An overview of the legislation
- The impact of fire
- Causes of fire
- Arson threat
- Fire doors - case study
- An introduction to fire science
- Classifications of fire
- Action in the event of fire
- Extinguisher identification, selection and use
- Hands on fire extinguisher use with live rigs*
- Human behaviour in fire, including case studies
- Pro-active and reactive roles of the fire warden
- Evacuation strategies
- Preplanning, zoning, resilience
- Hazard spotting & risk reduction
- How to undertake evacuation drills
- Escape devices
- Managing an Incident
- Fire & rescue service liaison (what will they want to know on arrival)
- Unwanted fire signal reduction (false alarms)
*Staff can experience real fire extinguishment using our environmentally friendly, bespoke propane ‘safe-fire’ training rigs. With no mess, quick to set up and pack away. This will give real confidence in handling and use of extinguishers (space on a car park 6 metres from any building is required)
- Venue & Travel Information
Steve Wilcock (North West Fire Training Ltd)
For more information please visit http://www.northwestfiretraining.co.uk/
Hopwood Hall College
Free parking is available onsite - just press the buzzer at the barrier and say you're here for a REAL Trust event.
How to get here
By Road: The Rochdale campus is 2.6 miles from junction 20 off the M62. Follow the signs for Rochdale town centre
By Rail: Rochdale train station is a ten minute walk from the Rochdale Campus through the town centre. It is also a Metrolink station, Manchester’s light railway system, which links Rochdale with Oldham, Bury and Manchester City Centre.
By Bus: The Rochdale bus station is approximately 5 minutes’ walk from the Rochdale campus. There are frequent bus services throughout the borough which terminate in Rochdale.