View all courses
High Quality Middle Leadership Programme (HQMLP) - Session 3 of 4 - CANCELLED
- For aspiring, new and existing middle leaders
High Quality Middle Leadership Programme is a programme consisting of 4 twilight sessions (1 – 4). Participants can attend all 4 sessions or mix and match sessions according to their professional learning needs.
These sessions will give participants the opportunity to reflect on their current practice and take on board practical strategies which can be implemented within their department to promote team building and raise standards.
Session 1 (Monday 27th September) - Strategic vision, curriculum intent and building a successful team.
- Reflect and build upon your existing vision.
- Explore leadership styles.
- Explore team building strategies.
- Consider ways in which you can engage reluctant staff.
Session 2 (Monday 8th November) - Raising standards through quality assurance strategies.
- Explore a range of quality assurance strategies.
- Reflect upon your current use of quality assurance strategies.
- Consider ways in which you can further improve your approach to quality assurance strategies.
Session 3 (Monday 17th January) - Effective tracking and monitoring of pupil progress.
- Update knowledge on national data types
- Develop understanding on how departmental data impacts on whole school performance.
- Analyse data to improve departmental performance.
- Using data (both quantitative and qualitative) effectively to develop intervention strategies.
Session 4 (Monday 14th March) – Progression planning.
- Reflect upon current advertising and recruitment practice and consider how it can be further improved.
- Consider strategies which can increase retention success.
- Discuss strategies to reduce workload.
- Consider how to increase the effectiveness of departmental meetings
- Venue & Travel Information
Cathy Robbins (Company Director of Iridium Education & Deputy Headteacher) supported by Nicola Wainwright (Head of Science)
Cathy Robbins is a practising teacher who has over 20 years experience in the secondary education sector, her specialist subject being science. Cathy has experience of leading at both subject and whole school level, currently, she holds the position of Deputy Headteacher in an 11-16 secondary school with responsibility for curriculum development. Since being a senior leader, she has gained significant experience in leading whole school professional development and the quality assurance of the quality of education. Cathy has been awarded a distinction in a master’s degree in Educational Leadership and has carried out research relating to curriculum and social justice.