View all courses
Designated Teachers for Cared for Children (Looked After Children) Network Group
- This session will assist Designated Teachers for Cared for Children (Looked After Children) - both those new to their role and those experienced – in developing that role and raising the profile and attainment of Cared for Children within their schools
Each session has a different and current focus depending upon the needs identified by participants at previous networks and the local/national agenda in regard to education and Cared for Children. Key themes covered in these sessions have included:
- Familiarisation with the role and responsibilities of the Designated Teacher for Cared for Children
- Hearing from guest speakers about educational issues arising from attachment and early trauma
- Getting updates on recent research in the field of Cared for Children
- Enabling a greater understanding of the life experiences of Cared for Children
- Exploring the best use and best practice regarding Personal Education Plans
- Identifying how best to use key support sources such as the Pupil Premium Plus
The network is a useful way to meet and discuss with others who share the same or similar roles in their schools/settings.
2019/2020 Meeting Dates:
14th November 2019
5th March 2020
18th June 2020
- Venue & Travel Information
Christopher Tyler (Virtual Headteacher, RMBC)
For more information please visit RBCs website.
Hopwood Hall College
Free parking is available onsite - just press the buzzer at the barrier and say you're here for a REAL Trust event.
How to get here
By Road: The Rochdale campus is 2.6 miles from junction 20 off the M62. Follow the signs for Rochdale town centre
By Rail: Rochdale train station is a ten minute walk from the Rochdale Campus through the town centre. It is also a Metrolink station, Manchester’s light railway system, which links Rochdale with Oldham, Bury and Manchester City Centre.
By Bus: The Rochdale bus station is approximately 5 minutes’ walk from the Rochdale campus. There are frequent bus services throughout the borough which terminate in Rochdale.