View all courses
Nurtured Heart Approach Training (NHA)
- The Nurtured Heart Approach® is a relationship-focused methodology based on a 3 Stands™ strategy to help children (and adults) build their Inner Wealth® and use their intensity in successful ways.
- The approach has been successfully implemented in thousands of classrooms around the world, proving to be a powerful way of awakening the inherent greatness in all children whilst facilitating classroom success.
The essence of the approach is a set of core principles originally developed for working with the most difficult children. It has a proven impact on every child, including those who are challenged behaviourally, socially and academically. The NHA makes a huge difference to those children diagnosed with ADHD, ODD, Reactive Attachment Disorder and other behavioural, emotional and anxiety related symptoms – almost always without the need for long-term mental health treatment.
Through this training you will be shown how simple it is, not only to improve the situation with a challenging or difficult child, but also to transform children through the awareness that their intensity is actually the source of their greatness.
The benefits of the approach:
- Understand the unique dynamics of the challenging child
- Helps a child towards using their intensity in successful ways
- Create a deeper sense of success and Inner Wealth for the individual child
- Build a family/school culture of authentic connection and trust
- Improve performance – from test scores to chores
- End the cycles that can reinforces negative behaviour
- Live the “Energy” of joy and success as your new reality
The training will cover the following aspects:
- An introduction to the Nurtured Heart Approach which was been created and developed by the Psychologist Howard Glasser.
- Why conventional methods of reward and discipline often fail with intense children, despite the best of intentions.
- How to build a child’s Inner Wealth by developing positive portfolios.
- Understanding the concept of The 3 Stands™ and how they work
- The purpose and benefits of using this approach with all Children.
- How to move challenging children into using their own intensity in successful ways.
- The success of the approach with children who have been diagnosed with ADHD, ODD, Autism or exhibit other difficult behaviour.
- Learn Nurtured Heart Approach recognition techniques that are simple for all adults to use.
- Venue & Travel Information
Mags Wilcock, Director - Nurtured Child Practice Ltd
Mags is a qualified trainer, who has worked in the professional Learning and Development sector for many years, and has more recently become a licensed Nurtured Heart Approach Practitioner following her own experience of dealing with difficult and intense children.
Hopwood Hall College
Free parking is available onsite - just press the buzzer at the barrier and say you're here for a REAL Trust event.
How to get here
By Road: The Rochdale campus is 2.6 miles from junction 20 off the M62. Follow the signs for Rochdale town centre
By Rail: Rochdale train station is a ten minute walk from the Rochdale Campus through the town centre. It is also a Metrolink station, Manchester’s light railway system, which links Rochdale with Oldham, Bury and Manchester City Centre.
By Bus: The Rochdale bus station is approximately 5 minutes’ walk from the Rochdale campus. There are frequent bus services throughout the borough which terminate in Rochdale.