View all courses
Teach Meet 5 – Bright Ideas
- Teach Meets are a great chance to network with fellow professionals and be motivated by a series of short presentations on their experiences, ideas and successes
- The meeting will provide you with the opportunity to share with colleagues from a range of schools, in varying contexts, as well as offer many networking opportunities.
Teach Meet 1 – 3rd October 2018
Teach Meet 2 – 12th December 2018
Teach Meet 3 – 6th February 2019
Teach Meet 4 – 3rd April 2019
Teach Meet 5 – 12th June 2019
About the Course Lead:
The Course leads for all Teach Meet meetings will vary and volunteers are actively sought from within our teaching community, including presentations from NQTs themselves.
The GAET NQT and RQT ‘Teach Meet’ Programme consists of 5 organised, but informal meetings over the academic year, in which teachers share good practice, practical innovations and personal insights into teaching.
Speakers volunteer to demonstrate good practice that they've delivered over the past year, or discuss a product that enhances classroom practice. Speakers will range from NQTs, though to recent RQTs and we will invite more experienced colleagues.
Each speaker will opt to lead either:
- a ‘Nano’ Presentation – of no more than 3 minutes with 2 minutes for questions
- a ‘Micro’ Presentation – of between 7 to 10 minutes with 3 minutes for questions
- a ‘Round-table break-out’ lasting 15 minutes or so, allowing focused discussion around a theme, with a volunteer facilitator
As the meetings are subject to the volunteers and requests received in advance, an agenda for each meeting will be sent out one week in advance, so that those attending may decide what sessions they’d like to join.
Speakers are actively invited from our NQT / RQT Population, and ideas / requests for presentations and focused discussions are also sought. If you would like to lead any style of session or have any such suggestions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org